Thread: More Rockwell questions.

Barry, you see my post on rockwells?

Default Limited Slip

Hammer, I just got back from test running the truck for a trail ride this weekend and see that you got the problem fixed. Yes I have seen your post on the rockwells.If you need anything , let me know. I'm running 48" Michelins with a spring over ( NO BLOCKS ) . The way I fabbed up my spring hangers I gained another 4" . This was the LOWEST that I could keep the truck and still have any kind of tire clearance. I would like to have put a little more backspacing in my wheels , but that was as much as I could put in them and NOT get any tire to spring rub ( on the rear steer I have the springs moved in under the frame). My point is that if you are going to run the 53" tires you are going to have to be several inchs taller and possibly have a wider stance then I'm running. Barry
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

I will end up being wider by default with the taller tires. I am planning to change the fenders to allow for the clearance rather then lift the truck more. I want total stability without looking too stupid. This isn't a rock buggy after all.
    What backspacing do you have now? And are you running hubs in or out?
    Thanks.

Default Grille wanted

I'm running hubs out , and I'll have to measure the back spacing . It is pretty close to being centered. Barry

How close do the tires come to rubbing any thing under full articulation?
    I am trying to figure out how I need to order my rims, and you would be one of the few, if not only person that is close enough to have the info I need.
    Thanks

I wish I could give you an answer. That truck has not moved under it's own power yet . I guess I'll have to get working on it. Tooooo many projects and not enough time. Barry

a wider stance that high isn't a bad idea. Neither is a good cage.... heheh

also, I propose that these last posts get moved to Modified for the common enlightenment....
    **I heart Bump_r **

Default The last time you cried

Barry, what about clearances with the tires while turning? With the hubs out, how close do the tires come to suspension parts, etc?

As for a cage, I have a J10 cab, so I do have 'some' protection. But I would still like to have a cage setup.

With the back spacing that I'm using they will not hit any suspension parts. The front sheet metal is going to need some trimming. M1028

Default Hey Ground Pounder! (GNDPNDR)

Hey, do you think that with me running the 53" tires that I would hit the suspension? Or do you still have clearance left over?
    Not worried about trimming metal at all
    And what is your backspacing now?
    Thanks a lot man. This all helps me out.