Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to remove ignition wires.

Hey brute! You wouldnt happen to have any numbers for the civy distributor? or the year make and model of a truck that had it? I just ordered a NOS stock unit but I would like to try you're method in the future. John....

You ordered a 230 civilian NOS distributor.....from who for how much?? I ask cause NAPA lists one that is not for the 230, but they list it that way, and at least 2 members have bought one only to find it doesnt work.
    The stock civvy unit is a prestolite IAT-4411 4AT...at least that what the metal tag on mine is stamped...as for original applications...the 230 came in 63-65 model year trucks....Gladiator or J series pickups, Wagoneers, and utility series pickups....these are a smaller size than full size....they have a front kinda like a smaller jeep but the doors are mounted at an angle outward and the bed is pretty much full width...narrow front, wide rear...mine came out of one of those type...it was dated 1966....though the 230 was not produced in 66, the truck was on the dealer lot and not sold in 65 and when it was sold in 66, the title reflected the year of sale not he year of manufacture....kinda weird, but you could have a 66 or 67 even that had a 230 due to this....have run across both...
    Good luck!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!