Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cummins swap... the hard way

Default Cummins swap... the hard way

Well gents, it has begun, i got a 2001 ram 2500 24 valve with nv4500hd. my plan is to do a frame swap. after my first measurements it looks like it wont be that bad. wish me luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by P2V3350; October 21st, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

I am doing one right now. Hit me up if you have questions but I am out 3/4 through mine. See thread.

http://www.m715.com/vb/showthread.ph...ht=Dodge+frame

thanks i just got the dodge stripped and now removing the m715 cab

got the body off now cleaning and removing brackets

Nice! Keep posting pics. Looks like fun.

lots of progress yesterday, got the frame stripped, all the wiring, fuel and brake lines are removed. got the engine out and started scraping away 20 years of grime. i think i will just replace gaskets and paint for now. under about 1 inch of grit i found the dreaded 53 on my block so it i wont invest in a rebuild until i need to.

well more progress, after thinking it over and debating on where and how to shorten the frame i decided to do the same as jhartings did on his frame more or less. after many hrs of cutting grinding and punching out old rivets i have the rear frame unrivited from the front and have shortened the front rails 12.7 inches. im removing and converting the rust before i mock it back up. my plan is to bolt it together where the rivets were and then weld and box the frame from there.

ok i got it back together. luck has it there is a factory bolt hole that lines up the lower spring mount when you shorten the frame. it makes the wheelbase 1/8 of an inch longer but the naked eye wont notice that when the truck is done. having that bolt hole makes squaring up the frame super easy. i triple checked everything and then drilled the other 3 bolt holes per side. once firmly bolted i did the plug welds and the inner and outer lap joint. i think the bolts helped keep the frame from twisting. after that the axles were put back under the frame and im done for the night

Excellent work. Keep up the pics!

so has anybody done a shackle flip on a second gen dodge? i feel like this is the time to do it. they say its a 4 in lift if you keep the factory blocks or a 1 in lift if you ditch the blocks. i was planning on getting rid of the blocks anyway or building a anti warp bar and keeping the blocks. just dont know what route to go. i wish i won the lottery and could afford a 4 link but...