Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deuce trans / Chev Bell

Default Deuce trans / Chev Bell

Here is a template of the deuce trans mated to a Chev bell.

Hey, you got it on backwards. That is why I had the student write "TOP, Engine Side" on the top of it after he hammered all the holes out.

But, it doesn't matter for the bolt pattern. Just the gasket that is supposed to go between the transmission and bell.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

You passed your test. It works the other way ok too.

So is this the beginning of a "good" thread, or is this just a test for Tim?
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Maybe a good thread. I need to do something with my M725. 6.5mpg is killing me with $3.00 per gallon. Tim is working on Pistolnut’s M715 as a project in his class. The bell housing they have will not work for the deuce trans swap. I have the bell, and maybe access to two more, that will work but don’t have the adapter rings that go with it to mate the bell to the motor. I also want a NP205 so I can have highway speed.
    I think with maybe a 6.2 diesel or a 4 or 6BT, the deuce over drive trans, and 11.00 16’s my mileage will go up where I can afford to drive the truck more. Maybe 15-20 range. I am also thinking about a Brown Light overdrive trans behind the transfer case. I think that would but the equal to something in the upper 3.?? Gear ratio. If Tim gets the first project done he is going to make mount patterns so the next swap is more of a bolt in project and not a fab by trial and error.
    Well that is my plan, hopefully Tim’s too.

Im planning on going the same route with my m715 if I could ever get the thing shipped up from Texas. Except I'm going to swap out the axles with CUCV m1008 axles comes loaded with 4.56 gears, Detroit locker in back, and disc brakes. With a spicer 3035a, 37" tires, and the 4.56 gears you get a reasonable 2300rpm 65mph cruise. Not ideal, 1700-2000 would be better for fuel economy with a 4bt. Since its easier to do spring over CUCV axle swap anyways, the easy fix, 42" Michelin's provides a 2000rpm 65 mph.

The easiest and probably cheapest way to go, is find a rusted out m1008 and put in the whole drivetrain. 6.2 diesel. If you want manual then the nv4500 tranny would bolt right up to the 6.2 and bring you down to a 1800 rpm 65mph with 42's.

Whats a brown light? Do you mean the 3 speed brownie aux trans? I gave up on trying to find one.

The spicer bell is SAE 3 and the 4bt also comes with the SAE 3 bell. So I think they bolt right up but not without flywheel, pressure plate hiccups.

If you want to run a 6.2 why not just use a NV4500.

Brown-Lipe. I think brown light was something on South Park.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DNL View Post
    Brown-Lipe. I think brown light was something on South Park.

Dave
    Yes it is the Brow-Lipe. At one time I had the numbers for each and what the gear ratios were. Around here the old guys call them Brown Lights, you call it a Brown-Lipe and they just look at you.

There are several different auxiliary transmissions that Brown-Lipe made (which then became a division of Spicer near as I can tell, so most actually have a Spicer tag on them). I have a 3 speed version, but a friend of mine has a 2 speed version.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725