Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: In over my head (again)

Yes, I love the overflow bottle.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

It's what you could call a "field expedient" fix.

Hey all,

So I got a hell of a deal on a donor engine for the Kaiser when the time comes. For the grand total of $50 I got...

an 8.0L V10 Dodge 2500 engine with engine controller, wiring harness, accessories, clutch, and all the other parts for the engine!

I'm not going to be making the swap anytime soon since the truck is running well. It's probably a project for next year. but for the price, I couldn't pass up that engine. Even if I don't put it on the Kaiser, I can turn it into something. The rough plan is to get an NV4500 trans and Dana 300 tcase for the drivetrain. I'll keep the axles but I'm definitely adding power brakes and steering. I'll get custom drive shafts, exhaust, mounts, etc for it and find a good radiator. Electric lockers and onboard air would probably also happen.
    I'll also convert it over to 12v and build a new gauge cluster. Basically, I want an over the top truck for the sake of being over the top. It doesn't need to go fast or be crazy capable I just want it to be unique and mine. I think the V10 is the ticket. haha. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once this process starts but for now, I'm just going to keep on enjoying the truck. This will be one interesting build that's for sure.

PS Here it is at a cars n coffee next to Mclaren!

@hayeselmotors

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Red_Jeep View Post
    Hey all,

So I got a hell of a deal on a donor engine for the Kaiser when the time comes. For the grand total of $50 I got...
    Cool beans! I don't know diddly about the Dodge V10 but I'd have jumped on any working engine for 50 bucks. Can't have too many engines laying around... Probably why I've run out of engine stands and floor space.

Are those aftermarket headers?

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Cool beans! I don't know diddly about the Dodge V10 but I'd have jumped on any working engine for 50 bucks. Can't have too many engines laying around... Probably why I've run out of engine stands and floor space.

Are those aftermarket headers?
    I'm not sure but they sure do look like shorty pipes.

@hayeselmotors

This weekend I did some cosmetic work. I got the ratty metal top off or the canopy and reinstalled it onto the truck. It's ready for the new top thst should hopefully be done any day now. I also got a shovel, axe handle, and mattock handle and stained them. I had to resize the shovel and quickly discovered how much of a pita that can be. Unfortunately, I discovered that the tcase is leaking pretty badly. I need to replace the input and output seals. Oh well. It's all part of owning a classic I guess.

@hayeselmotors

The tools are all stained and clear coated and the pioneer straps arrived! It looks much better with tools on the truck. I'm waiting on a mattock head to arrive as well as tcase seals. At least I was able to do a little something.

@hayeselmotors

Very nice!

Alright so apparently photobucket wants me to pay to use it now... that's new. So much for all of the old pics...

Anyways, I got my new top in from Newlife Canvas and it looks so much better with a top on it! Time to drive the wheels off of this thing for the rest of the summer!

@hayeselmotors

Love it!