Thread: married np205 to divorced mount

Default married np205 to divorced mount

I have an early gm 205 passenger drop tcase that came with my truck, only problem is that it is a married mount case with the 8 bolt racetrack mounting pattern. Is there anyway it can be converted to remote mount to fit on my truck? It is the 10 spline male input shaft if that helps. I would keep the 200 case but it doesnt like to go into 2wheel drive after i put it in 4x4. Any help would be appreciated.
    1967 M715

I can't answer your question about the 205. I'd guess you'd need the front half from a divorced case to convert it.

Will the 200 shift easily between 2 and 4 if you are just parked?

When your truck is stuck in 4wd have you tried driving in reverse for a few feet while pushing the lever?

I have a 200 in my truck and the only time it is difficult to take out of 4wd is when the drive line gets bound up from driving in 4wd on a hard surface. When that happens I need to drive in reverse a while and push the lever forward at the same time.

I'm not sure on this but you may be able to swap the input from the np200 onto the 205 to make it divorced. Does the married case have drilled and tapped bosses for mounting it divorced?
    67 M715, 67 M416, 91 YJ

@jeeper: that was what i was doing in 4x4, on a hard road coming off gravel i actually thought that it was bound up so i drove it in a straight line i didnt try going into reverse ill do that next time thanks.
    the case doesnt have any bosses that are already tapped but it dos have ones that could be tapped to mount.
    1967 M715

Easier to find a divorced 205 than to convert a married 205 to work as a divorced 205 if you can do it at all which I don't think you can.