Thread: oil pump leak

Default oil pump leak

I have a pretty good leak from the oil pump seal
    tried to read the on line guides on remove and reinstall w/ out messing anything up but do not find it
    can any point me to the pages in the guide or have removed one before?
    what's the process so I don't mess this thing up

oh where can I get a oil pump gasket...or just Honda bond it...I know I know Honda..but the stuff works every time

I found it........geezzzz

Ray, sorry no one has replied with a good answer yet.
    One of the maintenance manuals at the top of the page has detailed removal, and reinstallation instructions for the oil pump.
    The gasket between the pump body and timing cover isn't available by itself to my knowledge.
    With enough patience, one could make a replacement gasket.

I never heard of Honda, is that a sealant similar to the old Aviation Form a Gasket ?

I would just make a gasket with some good quality gasket paper. Honda bond does work BUT you need a 20 mule team and a pound of c4 to get it back off...

Quote Originally Posted by bigprojectm715 View Post
    BUT you need a 20 mule team and a pound of c4 to get it back off...
    LOL, I had similar thoughts rolling around in my head as well. Well, maybe not that drastic.

Seriously, you wouldn't want to have to try to beat an oil pump off of the old aluminum timing cover someday.
    Especially since the pump is held on with long studs.