Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: d60 / 14 weight

Default d60 / 14 weight

buying axles from a 77 k30 srw d 60/14 bolt details unknown 40 miles away
    what's the approx weight of this combo am i looking 1 trip or 2 with the jet ski trailer or just fire up the smoking beast thanks in advance

Weight, fully dressed single wheel front Chevy 60 complete, locking hub to hub 518lbs

14 bolt 550lbs with brake drums

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ble/index.html
    No longer on the hunt.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Take a friend too. Nothing like muscling those things around alone and trying to get them to go the direction you want, even on tires.......

Add lockers and they get even harder to manuever around by yourself on a hard surface.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

No way they are that heavy. You old timers might remember a few years ago when I dropped the d60 I was rebuilding off my bench onto my right leg & lifted it back up.
    Wait, maybe I'm just a bad mamba jamba!!

Nah.

The next time I'm in Lansing I'm coming over to watch you lift a complete D60 back on to a bench by yourself

lol Sorry I just re-read that and I didn't say it right. I had the D60 up on stands on my workbench and while rotating it one end fell off and landed on my thigh - OUCH! Come to think of it I might have been talking to 40grit on the cell phone (speaker) when that happened. I put that end back up on the bench - not on the stand mind you, but back up on the bench. I didn't go back out to the garage for a week I hurt so bad! Left a permanent dent in my leg too

Pure adrenaline I am sure. I bench around 300 and leg press 900 and can tell you I can not pick one of these up. Now I could probably man handle one end up and then the other but not the whole thing. I dont think a jet ski weighs 1100 pounds either. LOL
    No longer on the hunt.

sound like it's time to fire up the smoking beast
    i'm good on gas but i'll need oil
    why crush my cute little trailer
    he's got a tractor at his place
    I've got an engine hoist at mine ..i don't lift

thanks karl

Bah. I know for a fact I can pick either one up....

One of the best $150 I ever did spend

Just givin ya shet----

Speaking of not going out in the garage for a week--I was moving vehicles around the shop and tried to push the 72 Rustang backwards--it wouldnt move so I got a little POd. Thought a brake was hanging or something--anyway when it wouldnt move I put my feet on the wall and put my rage strength into it--it slowly went and then it felt like something gave and it went rolling backwards.

Actually two things gave--some muscle in my back that was sore for a week and the car---which as it turns out had a piece firewood behind the wheel so it wouldnt roll back. I had pushed the thing right over the half log