Thread: Water Pump!

Default Water Pump!

I know, I know, its been a very long time since I have been on the site. I have prolly been forgotten about by now...but I am excited as I finally installed my water pump I have been sitting on for about a year. Thanks to Bob Cowan for helping me along with the pulley, its installed! All I have to do now is install the radiator and fill 'er up! Oh, and bleed the brakes and clean the gas tank buy its almost ready to start again after a year of waiting for me!

Thanks,

J.R.

Glad to see ya back and hope that one start and runs good here quick for ya!

The only thing left are to install the belts. I am having a bit of a problem. I think the belts shrank while waiting for me to re install them. Also, when I tried to install the first belt closest to the engine, I found that now the belt will rub the lower radiator hose where is attaches to the water pump. Does anyone have any pics of their belt setup you could send me? Does anyone know the NAPA or Gates part numbers for the belts?

Thanks,

J.R.

This shows the belts:

This shows the lower hose...maybe yours is dfferent or not on right...it looks to go pretty muc staight dow till it is well clear of the belts, then makes a 90 degree bend to the radiator:

I would loosen up the hose and move it around a bit...maybe you have the ends swapped?

You could be right in the fact that the ends might be swapped on the lower hose. I will check it when I get off from work tomorrow. Thanks for the info! Also by looking at the picture I have the fan on backwards....