Thread: clutch alignment tool

Default clutch alignment tool

does anyone know if they make a clutch alignment tool with the splines? I can get a universal one. but would rather get the one thatn looks like in input shaft with the splines.

Thanks

Duane

I looked and looked...couldnt find one anywhere.

Another member actually cut the input shaft off an old trans that was wasted and brought it over to udse...

Non standard procedure... but in a pinch I've gone the route of loosening the bolts that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel to where they're not quite ready to fall out. Then you slowly ease the input shaft forward while lining up the clutch plates on it. Once you have the input shaft in the pilot bushing go ahead and tighten the four bolts that hold the trans to the bell housing.

Rotate the engine/flywheel and take slack out of the pressure plate bolts. When alare snug, then torque them to spec.

It's not the easiest way to do it, but it sure beats fighting it without a splined alignment tool.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I got mine from Memphis Equipment it was just a cut off input from the tranny. It was 20 bucks or so 5 years ago. I do know for me it was a tight fit
    Kevin
    68 M715 Modified