So I finally got around to fixing the blown exhaust manifold gasket on the M725 this week. It's been leaking for a while and has only been getting worse. So I finally made the time to get it swapped. I had a new gasket in stock in my parts stash so it was just getting it done.

Lucky for me all the studs came out without breaking off. I was trying to be careful to not break one since I didn't want to have to pull the head to drill and tap it. A couple gave me that feeling like they were going to break but I would just stop and work on another stud then come back to it and get it to move just a bit more. Doing that until it finally spun free.

Once the manifold was out, I cleaned it and sprayed it with the ceramic header paint and then decked all the mounting surfaces on the big belt sander I have. After baking it to cure the paint, I installed all new studs and nuts before putting a light coat of high temp sealant on the gaskets and then torqued the studs.

Everything sealed up great and sounds great. All in all it was not that bad of a job, it was just finding the extra time during my busy summer to get it done.