Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

My buddy was busy this week preparing for vacation, so I just used the bad block for fitment. I have that in, but needed another set of hands to get the trans/xfer in, so that I could make the mounts for that. Hopefully I will get out and play in the garage a little today:

Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I did get out for a few hours. I got the trans and xfer case bolted in, and the mount loosely fitted. The shifter will come up in a good spot. This is with the trans in low:

And here is the case height. The pic is a little deceiving, it is about 3/4 below the frame rails
    Thanks, George

I made the trans and transfer case brackets this weekend, so the drive train is self supported and secure now. I re-did one of the xfer case brackets tonight, I wasn't happy with the one side

Thanks, George

A little more progress yesterday. The slip on the spare shaft that I took in to get shortened was too loose to use. So I ended up re-tubing the original to lengthen it to fit. I picked it up in the morning and put it in. looks too shiney for the truck

Thanks, George

I made a bracket to use a hydraulic slave on a manual bell housing. Its 1/4" steel, so it should be good. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning parts

Thanks, George

That bracket is dog-gone sweet!!
    You could probably sell them on here..

Errol

Thanks Errol.

A little more progress yesterday: My buddy power washed the block at work. We took it apart, checked everything and honed the cylinders. It appears to be a low mileage block.

I need to order bearings ans stuff, and I can finally start to get this block ready to put in. I'm heading out of town for the better part of this week, but may get a chance to paint up the block and start putting everything back together this weekend.

No pictures, hands too oily...
    Thanks, George

Re-ringed and re-bearing'd the 6.2 today. My buddy is cleaning the oil pan and intake tomorrow. I just need to put the pump, pan, heads and accessories on. About another 3 hours, and I can move the block to my garage for install, woohoo!

Another oily day, no pics yet. As soon as I get it to my house, I'll snap a few
    Thanks, George

How did you get the dash front off?

I just stripped out the wiring yesterday, and since I don't have the replacement harness yet, I started the rear shackle flip thing.. (don't know what the heck those rivets are made out from!!)

If you could give a shot or two of your pedal linkage and hookups ?
    I'm thinking of the hydroboost setup. (I've got two of them anywho)

Pressure washers (especially the steam ones) can do wonders..

That's how I might do my paint removal on the back of the cab.
    Stripper, let soften, and blast it off..

Errol

Quote Originally Posted by 77amc View Post
    How did you get the dash front off?
    Take out the bolts that you can see, then there are 2 or 3 on each side that bolt into the side wall by the fender, and one rod that bolt to the bolt of the steering column on one side, up to a bolt on the firewall on the other (if I remember correctly)

I just stripped out the wiring yesterday, and since I don't have the replacement harness yet, I started the rear shackle flip thing.. (don't know what the heck those rivets are made out from!!) I'll be grinding those rivets some time in the future. I'm not looking forward to it with all of the other reporting of how hard they are to get out...

If you could give a shot or two of your pedal linkage and hookups ?
    I'm thinking of the hydroboost setup. (I've got two of them anywho) I dont have my HB installed yet, but I'll share a pic of the clutch slave linkage from a post that was given by Tim or Randy. See below

Pressure washers (especially the steam ones) can do wonders.. thats what my buddy is cleaning our stuff with (steam pw). He has one at work and said it knocks the junk right off

That's how I might do my paint removal on the back of the cab.
    Stripper, let soften, and blast it off..

Errol

pic coming in the next post
    Thanks, George