Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel cylinders, local parts store????

Default Wheel cylinders, local parts store????

Anyone know if you can get wheel cylinders at the local parts store, have stock drive train on my M-715 67, found one really close and made it work with a little modification to get me by, but would like to make it right and replace the rest of them too. Need a motor gasket kit too?????? Thanks

I used '91-93 Ford E350 wheel cylinders - had to enlarge the "mickey ears" downward and slightly outward, but they work great. Hold one up to your current one and you'll see how close they are.

I dont know of a motor gasket set that fits the mil engine unless a surplus lace has it...

The stock type wheel cylinders...I think these are them...last ones require mods:

Napa # 9025 left, and 9026 right
    Car Quest #'s swc1051 & 1052 left and right
    Left Napa #4637219, Right Napa #4637218, requires an adapter to mate to threads on hoses.

You can get stock type wheel cylinder rebuild kits...at east you used to be able to...heres the info:

Wheel cylinder rebuild kit is Wagner #F3609, this kit has upgraded boots, seals and springs - others mfgs do not.
    Get new bleeder screws Wagner #F11579, these have BIG wrench flats and stick out farther so you can reach them.

are the rears as same as the fronts? i see the 9025 and 9026 only list the rears....

Yes, the rear wheel cylinders (and brake shoes) are the same as the front.

I did Raybestos WC17510 and WC17509 into rear drums, very easy.
    Offered here for example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-WC17...6271103&sr=8-1

anyone know the size of thread on the brake line fittings where it comes from the master cylinder and gets t'd to go front and back? also what are the size to the soft lines i need to change mine out... thanks...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The hard line from the stock master cylinder to the "T" is 1/4".

I am not sure of the thread size on the rubber lines, but as of yet I don't think anyone has found a civvy source for them. Seems that only surplus is available, but you should also be sure that you aren't getting 40 year old hoses. Many surplus ones are.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

The following link should answer all of the fitting size/part number questions that you have. I pulled the rubber brake lines off (two up front, one in the rear) and took them to a hydraulic supply house and had new ones made. They will match everything up for you. I re-used my springs because they're heavier duty than the new ones they use. Good luck.

Master Cylinder Conversion - Upgrade

N2S3,
    I published the replacement numbers for the rear cylinders for better brake balance allready here and in steelsoildier.
    May be they belive you more than me.
    Wolf