Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.1 install

Start cutting on that Dodge. You can use both cross members and trans. and tcase if equipped. A getrag 5 speed centers right up in the trans. tunnel hole. Fan space is tight but a thin electric will work. I am in the middle of installing an aftermarket innercooler where all I had to do is drill two, three inch holes in the upper core support. Its a little noisy but I get between 15-16 mpg and when the tops off who cares!

got the 5.9 started today. FIRST try!!!!!! Primed the lift pump with fresh fuel and it fired right off. My plan is to literally rape this truck of everything I think I can use. It has the D80 rear, will take the rims, drive shafts, Tranny (Getrag 360), gas tank, brake booster and all lines, whole wiring harness (for wires, connectors, relays, etc for any use I want. ), all motor and tranny supports, light bulbs, receiver hitch and 5th wheel mounts. It even has a power back glass and am looking at how I can work that into my hard top. The buzzards will go hungry on this thing once I get done with it.