Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh hey look, another 5.9 swap..

this is pretty much where we, sit motor is out of the truck despite what this image shows lol . im hoping to get mounts made once i get back home in a week or so from work
    but to be honest duck season just opened up here in the south zone so i might get distracted.

got ahold of a BJ d60 out of an 02 F350 i checked the BOL its not a 50
    it has 3.73 gears but thatll change probably to 456 or 488 once its all running and driving, for the rear i think im gonna use a 2010+ sterling 10.5 its a 10.6 and 37 spline pinon, plus if i look around i can nab it with the fancy e locker. can you say affordable?
    i would love to get my hands on the new new M275 rear out of the 17+ or the almighty 17+f450 M300 with its 11.8 ring gear and 1.75 41 spline shafts , talk about beef, dana 80 eat your heart out.
    this brings me to springs
    im probably going to use the f350 springs.
    maybe remove a leaf if itll hold the wieght up front.
    i want to incorporate Balistic fabs uniball into the hangers for the shackles to allow the spring some freedom when twisted up. then panhard to keep it centered. does anybody have any experience doing something like this, on something this heavy?
    for the rears springs same uniball hangers but the springs will be
    the 2017+ ford rears instead of chevy 2500 63's,
    this is because i have source on the fords, i can get the chevy if it'll end up being a better spring.
    but they are 67" long and 325,700,1250 progressive springs, im thinking i can just remove the heavy leaf and call it a day, id like to end up with 325,700 in the rear.
    ya'll have any advice on the spring selection? id love to hear it.
    Last edited by Salts; November 3rd, 2019 at 10:31 AM.