Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power Steering

Looks like so far the Lares 1106 is the only one "without modification" necessary? or is that even false?
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I would be very happy to receive pics of a whole power steering swap so a page could be made for others to use as reference...would be a great addition to the site!
    Any chance we could get a conversion list?

I been looking for a PS box from a FSJ and sometimes they also list the box will fit GM A body cars.
    I think the 525 box with the 4 bolt holes is the quick ratio hard to find box, but a 3 bot unit also did that.

Coming from the "Hot Rod" end of the hobby I know the GM F Body boxes are the ones to swap into older A body cars.
    But I haven't figured out if tha also translates into the M-715.
    68' LS TT 6.0 /4L85e /AMG 242

Hi Ram,
    I used a Lares 1106 gear and the FSJ arm from BJ's offroad. The gear was a bolt on
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Hi Ram,
    I used a Lares 1106 gear and the FSJ arm from BJ's offroad. The gear was a bolt on
    Any clearance issues with your front crossmember with the 1106 Lares?

Any issues with the FSJ arm and losing turning radius? (I'll be drilling out the arm for HEIM steering on my axle swap but... still spring under)

EDIT: Could you also say what steering arm from BJ's you used and if your application is OEM or similar (vs. spring over axle)

The only clearance was that I had to remove the cross brace and weld it on again.

The steering arm was the stock/oem one
    Thanks, George

Still thinking I'm going to try a late 90's Durange (w/ snow plow prep pkg) and a Ford Bronco drop pitman arm....

Research is incomplete but I'm trying to get to more commonly available parts... (alot of parts houses won't have FSJ stuff in stock)

Sounds good, post up what you find
    Thanks, George

I used the BJ's pitman arm on my last truck. It worked well. I think it was about 1/4-1/2" longer center to center than the stock manual arm. I am using it on my current truck as well but I don't have this truck driving yet.. Both trucks are stock suspension.

I am using a box from an S-10 Blazer this time. It didn't require any cutting or grinding to fit right in. It is also a fast ratio box.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    I am using a box from an S-10 Blazer this time. It didn't require any cutting or grinding to fit right in. It is also a fast ratio box.
    Also a new one to the list.... by chance remember the year of S-10 Blazer?