Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tonneau Cover and Bikini Top

Most excellant idea and beatuifully executed.

Yeah, I would love to see the "lift the dot" type of clip. I appreciate the offer!- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Tonneau cover looks awesome...nice work!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see the "lift the dot" type of clip. I appreciate the offer!- gonz
    This is the lift-the-dot, stud on the left, fastener on the right. They are chrome plated brass.

We drill a 1/8th hole and screw the stud in. They work well, but can strip out in thicker steel. I see that Weebee webbing has a the canvas mounting version of this stud and the fastener in black, it would be worth the call to see if they have the screw in version too.
    We can only get lift-the-dots and turn buttons in the chrome plated finish from our suppliers here in Australia, I ordered my black turn buttons from Weebee Webbing along with some m-series buckles.

Quote Originally Posted by goodo85 View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Oops... Thanks Lizzie.

Cool! Thanks for posting that!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Here's another one Gonz, that shows the different styles available.
    Left: screw in. Centre: Rivet on. Right: Canvas mount, used with the cinch plate far right.

The prongs poke through the canvas and get folded over cinch plate which goes on the underside.
    We have a tool that punches a hole in the centre and the slits for the prongs. It makes it easy but they can be done by hand.

Finally making some progress with the bikini top.

I wanted a flat low-line look to the bikini so I chose to make a new frame to support it. One day I hope to build a roll cage and the bikini will be mounted to that, so I didn't want to go to too much trouble for the frame.
    We have a bender at work that will bend 3/4" square tube to a very similar radius to the windshield. I made 2 hoops for the rear of the cab that are the same height as the windshield and braced them to the windshield. The plan is to have the whole thing pull apart into pieces for easy storage.
    No pics yet but I'll get some tomorrow.

I pretty well finished the support frame today. It just needs a couple of footman loops and some paint. It sits nice and I think it will look good once the canvas is pulled over it. Hopefully I'll get time to finish it tomorrow. We are going 4WDing on Sunday and it would be good to have it finished.

The frame pulls apart for easy storage