Thread: Tilt Hood and fenders

Default Tilt Hood and fenders

The other day, while I was working on the truck, my neighbor stopped by to see what I was up to. While we talked, I commented to him that this beast was going to be a real PITA to work on once the front clip was back on!
    His response.... Make it a tilt hood.

So, Since then my wheels have been turning on this BUT, I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this in the past or am I on my own to figure it out?

Any and all comments welcome and pictures if you have some!

I just saw someone do it and post pictures on the M715 Facebook page...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw one that was done by an old member in Pennsylvania...looked and worked nice...the whole front clip was on hinges that flipped forward...wish I had pics of that...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I was thinking about it the other day after seeing the front tilt hood on the M715 that Jeep modified. I started loosing interest when I realized bumper and winch are in the way... And my batteries are in a cutout on the passenger fender well and have to be moved... rewire everything after that.. My fender wells are pretty crowded.
    And remembering what a pain it was getting the front clip on as a unit.. no idea how much trimming the fenders and wells would need.

Hinge the frame rails ahead of the spring perches and use the winch and bumper as a counter balance?

And just realized the radiator would need to be mounted to the frame instead of the core support.

Saw a 57 Chevy or something like that ages ago that had the front clip hydraulically tilt. It would slide forward an inch or two and then tilt forward.