Thread: 16" LAV wheels

Default 16" LAV wheels

Has anyone ever tried using LAV wheels with 11.00 R 16 tires? I know that the bolt pattern is no where near the same but I've seen a few adapters made by the M37 crowd to mount this wheel/tire combo.

I've got a set of these tires and I am debating between using the stock rims, a set of Marsh rims, or looking at this LAV rims.

Any thoughts?

I thought about it, but thats as far as I got. The way they are setup, I would wonder if its too much back spacing. Wonder if you could get the can off a stock rim and put the whole center in the LAV can. Then you could set your own back space.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Interesting idea about the use of the stock center.

I got a reply from m376x6 over on steel soliders that interest in an adapter never materialized.

If you are going to do all that work, at least do it to a rim a normal person or shop can take apart. Tubeless split ring rims are about as complex a set up as has ever been made. Re center the HMMWV rims or get a custom set of tubeless made up is my advice.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw