Thread: Ambulance comfort...

Default Ambulance comfort...

This year's January project. I had several yards of camo goretex material I had bought on ebay a couple years back. I used aluminum sheet (donated) to replicate the existing galvanized panels and glued 1/4" foam and then the material over that. Rides much quieter now and improves stereo performance. Was a big loud metal can before. Did the back of the sliding door in desert camo- have much more material and plan to do the back in it and eventually paint the rig in desert tan. Added a couple more speakers behind the seats while I was at it. Added some Wagoneer armrests since the photos. Can't see it well in this shot but a friend etched the 'don't tread on me' Gadsen flag snake and slogan on the slider door glass and I wired a green L.E.D. beneath it which lights it up at night. +/-$300 in materials, less the speakers that I pillaged from another project.

Wow, that looks great! First class job. Can't wait to see the rest of the project, keep the pic's comming.

Interesting, never thought of covering the interior walls. I did install Dynamat on the insides of the interior door panels and also on the inside of the blower motor panels where you mounted the speakers. That also took a lot of noise out of the cab and once on the blower panels, like you said, the stereo sounds much better.

nice work!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

don't suppose you kept the measurements for your overhead, did you? you should make them for those of us who are welding challenged.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Great job on the interior, it looks like you have pretty kick ass over head console there how about a few pics of that too.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Very cool rig! I'm very impressed with your work.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks all- I posted the overhead a couple years ago- don't know if they're still in the archive- will re-post. I tend to build stuff in my head and have to take so many turns along the way that I'm just happy to get a finished product, let alone document it. The screen is my rear view camera.
    I had previously put 'fat mat', a cheaper but identical dynamat alternative in the doors and firewall- it helped but there's still the metal shower stall effect that still existed. until there was something to absorb the internal echo effect. I'm sure all you Brinks Truck owners can identify. I also used Scotchgard® on the fabric liberally.

Thats great!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Very nice !

I really like the overhead console / M725 storage solutions that's very impressive.