Thread: Thermostat sending unit??

Default Thermostat sending unit??

Where or how does the temp sensor work?? Ive been driving my new jeep up and down the neighborhood to get some fresh gas through the carb and noticed its not working at all..Everything else does. I looked at where the top radiator hose goes in at but dont see anything.

HELp?

It's on the intake manifold, right behind and below the thermostat housing.

okay..so that is what I saw..the wire was connected ill check up at the dash.

This will sound condecending, but "check the manuals." Seriously, click on the "Manuals" link near the top of the page. Download all of them and print them if you can. The -10 deals with operational stuff like how to turn on the lights and apply the brakes. The -20 is unit maintenance stuff like how to check a non working gauge or how to pack the wheel bearings. The -30 is how to rebuild everything to the exact spec.

The -20 manual will tell you how to check the gauge, the sending unit and everything in between.

That was the help you help yourself answer. The easy thing to do is use an infrared thermometer to check temperatures around the thermostat, upper radiator hose, radiator and lower hose. That will help you figure out if coolant is flowing too fast or not at all.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

well for some reason my computer cant open ANY of the pdf files But i figured Id ask.

i think the pdf files are down use the files on the right coulmn they are the same just downloaded by adobe acrobat they still work if you dont have acrobat there is an icon for it right on the page where u can get it free
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710