Thread: Stock center pin size

Default Stock center pin size

Anyone know what the size (dia and lengths) of the stock rear spring centering pins are?

Thanks,
    Jason

The diameter of the pin that the spring is on the pin is 1.10 inch.
    The length of the part of the pin that is 1.10 inch in diameter is 2.468 inches.
    The length of the pin is 3.418 inches from the inside edge of the 1.10 inch part to the outside at the end of the threads. There is a quarter inch, almost, tapered end after the threads and of course a grease fitting screwed in the end after that...if you need measures there, just ask.

I think he is asking about the center pin that positions the springs on the spring perch. I'm not positive but I believe the head is 1/2", the shaft or center section of the bolt is 3/8" but the length of the center section will be just a little short of the thickness of the spring pack when all the leaves are clamped together.

Ill see if I have one out there I can get at....thanks for explaining it...I missed it...obviously.

I did measure one and got .500 inch diamete and .333 inch length of stickout of the pin.

I will get the overall length later...

Jon -

You sure that pin's not 5/16" diameter with 1/2" hex? I know I didn't use a 3/4" socket to disassemble mine when I was playing with my spring packs.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by green goat View Post
    I think he is asking about the center pin that positions the springs on the spring perch. I'm not positive but I believe the head is 1/2", the shaft or center section of the bolt is 3/8" but the length of the center section will be just a little short of the thickness of the spring pack when all the leaves are clamped together.

Yup, that's it. Got the truck finally sitting in from of the house. So I can probably get those measurements now.

Missed my 14 bolt perches by a few degrees because we forgot to take into account the slight rake of the leaves. Need to throw some shims on for now, and to do that I'll need new pins.

Thanks,
    Jasno

I have a pair of stock NOS springs in the shop...the boltgoing through the center of this pack has a round head that is 1/2 inch long and 1/3 inch thick

The other end is threaded with a nut...so we wanted that measured?

The whole pin:

There is a round head on top, 1/2 inch long by 1/3 inch diameter.

There is a threaded portion sticking out the other side that has a 3/8ths inch shaft with a 9/16ths hex nut on it.

The overall length of the pin from head to end of threads is 3 9/16ths inch.
    Last edited by brute4c; January 6th, 2008 at 08:30 PM.