Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIG

Good point about the adjustability of the 251.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

So when I need to weld on mine, I can come down and hang out at your shop?? Sounds like you got a beauty John...congrats!!!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Well, I'm still shopless. So I'm fabricating out of the garage. Today I made motormounts. Tomorrow I hope to temporarily mount the drivetrain. With the baby lincoln it would've been wheezin' pretty heavy, and now with this miller the fan doesn't even come on.

John

SWEET!!
    Send some pics when ya can!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I bought a Millermatic 210 this afternoon. Thank you all for the information. Especially the cyberweld link Ricky. That really helped. The local and only welding supply place for 60 miles is an Airgas store. They wanted $1,243 for a 210 and $1,768 for a 251. I couldn't spend more than $1,300 total. Cyberweld had a 210 delivered to my door for $1,210. I took that quote into the Airgas store along with a $248 shipping quote from some online shipping company and told him I wanted to by local, but unless he could meet the $1,210 minus the shipping fee I would not by from him. He got mad and called up Miller. Apperantly, Miller sets the retail price on their welders and theoretically, they should all be the same. He yelled at Miller for a few minutes and then got calm and hung up. Miller ships all of its welders for free to dealers and individuals. That made his price only $33.00 more than the online price. I told him that $33.00 was still my hard earned cash and that unless he could get me out the door with my own full bottle of Argon/CO2 for his $1,243, I would not by from him. He came close. $1,268 got me a 210, a 125 cubic ft full tank and a 30 pound spool of .035 solid wire.

Of course, none of the four 220v plugs in my shop were the same pattern as the non removable Miller plug. Thankfully, I had the right one in my box of "stuff I might need someday." I now have five 220 plugs in my shop.

I only got to play with it for an hour before my sons t-ball practice. But, from filling holes in the 18ga windshield frame to fixing the 1/2" metal frame on my shredder, I love it. Thanks again for the help.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

One more thing. Spicegear, thank you for the info about the Lincoln. I just didn't want to deal with small stuff, no matter how good it might be.

Oh, no problem. I can do from about .080" up with my lincoln stick and would like to pick up something to do sheet metal and continuous...like seam welding at some point. The Lincoln SP135 may be my ticket...or my neighbor a mile away with 6 welders. Hmm...
    Big Blocks RULE!