Thread: Seat covers/bases

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Seat covers/bases

I received my seat covers today from Vintage Power Wagons, and they were here in less than the promised 2 weeks. They look excellent and the quality is definitely top-notch.

My question is: I plan to go the high-density foam route and I have the stock frames. If I use a plywood base, should it be mounted permanently to the frame and then the cover be placed over it all and laced on on the bottom?

I had no springs or original canvas, so don't have anything to go by.

Way back when I did my seats, the lady at weebee webbing gave me the dimensions for foam cushions - they taper in two planes and have rounded corners up front - this made the job super easy though the automotive foam in that thickness (wanna say 5") was pricey.

To answer your question - the plywood will need to pivot on the frame like original and the bottom cover will tie around underneath the plywood. You will still be able to pivot the cushion up if you need to get under the seat for any reason. I think I may have put a layer of burlap between foam and wood to keep abrasion down but I didn't glue any of it.

Chris

I just finshed my seats. Factory drivers seat, duece seat passenger seat. I was able to slide the drivers seat covers over my existing vinyl covered seats done by the fire dept. On the deuce seat I cut 6" foam with a foam cutter for the bottom and used 3" foam for the back. I might add 4" foam for the back at a later date. My deuce seat came missing some grommets. I was only able to tie the front to the back. The side flaps I had to staple. Keep this in mind when ordering from Mona. Also it took about 4 months to receive my order. Other than the missing grommets they are nice.