Thread: ford 300

Default ford 300

has anyone ever heard of putting a ford 300 ci in a 715 and if so what are the pros and cons
    thanks guys

Luckypabst out in CA has done this and kept the FI. Awesome. Plenty of power and reliability. It is the motor they should have originally gone with. That being said I went with a v8 for real power.

I had seen an article in a 4X4 magazine about ten years ago that featured an M715 with the Ford 300 and the writer of the article had said that it was the most original looking motor that you could have installed into this truck. It does have about the same dimmensions as the 230. The one in the truck was carburated, but It would be very easy to swap in an entire wiring harness from the donor truck to upgrade to fuel injection and have 12 volts too. I would suggest swapping in a Ford T-18 at the same time so that you don't need any adapter.

Im putting a 300 in my 715 but I went with np435 instead of the t18. The 300 fit perfectly using stock motor mounts. The tranny sits almost in the stock location and should not require many modifications. That is all I can tell you at this point because thats as far as I have gotten.

352 series Chelsea PTO can be installed on the np435's passenger side. Could it be rotated to the rear for a under the bed mounted PTO? Cross member may block PTO drive?

thank guys i am happy to have a site were i can go and find answers to my questions not more questions you guys are great