Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap

Default Frame Swap

Interestingly, I just read Grendels recent post about using F350 parts to upgrade his truck. I just obtained an F350 w the 3V V10, manual 4WD and locking Hubs. I plan to use this as a complete chassis donor. My current M715 has a chevy V8 with stock drivetrain otherwise, and that will be available for sale soon. Ill begin posting pictures as the project gets started. Attached are a couple of pics of each vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I approve this message.

Mine's on a '95 F350, and I love it. Sounds like you've got a great plan.

Id love to learn more about your experience! About to get a few pictures of the M715 in order to demonstrate all mechanicals are working, as that chassis will be for sale soon. Body cleanup, repair, etc next, then prep the donor frame. Is there any place I can find details of your build?

My truck should be called the Cheerleader. It's been used by half the internet.

PreviousPreviousOwner put it on a Suburban, complete with Chevy firewall. PreviousOwner moved it to an F350, still with Chevy firewall!

Here's a photo album from about 3 owners ago.
    https://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album199

I've spent my time fixing some hack work, although I did drive it from Texas to Oregon when I bought it.

My frame is chopped in 2 places. Do proper 'Z cuts and fishplates!

Super helpful. Greatly appreciate the pics. Definitely plan Z cuts and plates.

How much lift on your suspension?

+4 from stock '95 F350. I took the second (!!) set of blocks out of the rear so that it's level now.

High-arch springs ride like crap, btw. I plan to do the Superduty RSK for a softer ride, and any flex. Looks like you've got that already?

I'm still running the surplus 37s because they're cheap, but I feel my level of lift would look better (and clear fine) with 39-40s. Oh well...someday.

Awesome info. I was thinking a 3-4 inch lift. Stock wheels are 18 inch, but thinking 20inch wheel with 38-40s, but Ill want to mock that up before committing.

Default Getting Started

Finally got the project (Project BURT...Big Ugly Red Truck) started. Getting the body off, so Ill have a complete chassis for sale soon.

Default Progress..

Pulling the cab tomorrow!

Default Ready for the Donor

Body has been pulled off, and the Chassis/Drivetrain/etc are ready to be sold. Ill post in the classified section. Please drop me a line if you are aware of other sites I should post the Items for sale on. Many thanks!