Spring Hanger & galvanize
Post by warthog on Apr 11, 2006, 10:03am

I'm liftin my 715. In the rear, I'm flipping the front hanger over and then flip down the rear shackle. When I was pulling the leafs off on both driver and pass side. The rear hangers are where I have the question. Are they supposed to be solid? The shaft will pull out about 1", but will not come all the way out and can be rotated. When pulled out the 1", it does not sit at a 90 degree from the frame, will slant down. When I looked, from the inside of the frame, between the frame and riveted plate, I can see the end of the shaft, but it does not appear to have been welded to the frame. Is is supposed to be?

I have flipped through all the manuals trying to get better details on the rear hanger, but I have not been able to find a breakdown of the actual hanger.

I'm also planning to have the frame hot dipped (galvanized) in zinc. The company will do it for $500, but they said due to the year the frame might warp. Do ya'll think the frame would be alright? The tank temp is 853 degrees. I figured with it being a hvy duty frame, it shouldn't be a problem. The frame is good, no rusted through areas and I have been all over it with a pick to make sure.

Prior to the server problem, the regular site and all ya'lls posts and links have been Very helpful in reworking my 715.

Thanks for any help, Dan