Hey guys, this is my first post and I'm pretty new to the forum. I have been a lurker on here and now I am needing some assistance.

My dad and I have a 1968 M715 that is being restored. Currently, we are wiring up the engine which is a 305 SBC Novak swap that came with the truck from the previous owner. There is a tuned port injection system on the engine that I picked up from another SBC. We have everything for that system which is no problem.

The truck is going to be 12 volt now and I think I can see some issues coming about. Can anyone point me the direction of switching to 12v the correct way? We would like to utilize the factory wiring harness to the lights but I know there can be some issues with this. Would it be better to drop the factory harness and combine everything into one fuse block, or can this be done with the factory harness? We want to be able to run all blackout lights.

I used the search feature for swapping to 12v but couldn't find what I was looking for, so excuse my ignorance. If anyone could attach links to other forums or threads or simply give advice on how to do the electrical properly, my dad and I would much appreciate it!

Thanks!