Thread: 24V Heater Fan Motors

Default 24V Heater Fan Motors

If anyone is looking to replace an electric motor on a stock heater... you are in luck. Found them for $14.50 at Gorban Supply Company in Chicago. Said he had a pile of them. (Delco 5044671 27.5V)

http://www.groban.com/motor_DC_1b.html

Pulled the heater apart this week to clean it up and figure out why it wouldn't work... The heater core was shot and the electrical feed was cut under the dash. (On this truck, finding a cut wire isn't a challenge.) Had a nice grating steel on steel sound when I turned the motor. The squirrel cage is shot as well... I think. Any suggestions on how to check if it's true without a motor?

Snuffy

Good info on the motors....THANKS!!

As far as the cage...if its visually intact it should be fine....

Blog Entries

John, when info like this comes up is there anyway we can change the subject line to be Specific? Like : "24V heater motor" On the old site we had a sticky area ... I found that EXTREMELY usful. Can we do that again?

Should have thought a little more before I titled the post... I agree: I should have posted what I had found in the title.

I wouldn't have thought much of finding these if I hadn't gotten a gargantuan on from S. Surplus. Listed as a heater motor for a 715, but looks like it's for a duece. Didn't bother sending it back but was a little irratated.

Snuffy

I changed it for you. What we normally do is go back through threads 6 months old or so and look at them. If something worth keeping is in them, then we re-title them to show what it is and edit out the nonsense like what I am writting right now.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The motors I had ordered were on the porch when I got home from teaching today. Talk about sealed for freshness!!! They (I bought one to use and spare) are in the original wrapping - Boxed and in a sealed cotton cloth covered foil bag.

Stamped:
    MIL-B-131E Class I and II
    Marvellum Company
    Marvelseal 1311-D
    Lot No. H1584
    8-67

I've never seen packaging like this for a part... kinda cool and kinda creepy at the same time.

I'll try to post a picture of this tomarrow... I don't have a digital camera (but I'm looking).

Couldn't stand it - I opened one of them. I can reuse the masking tape on the original packaging if I want to. This is pretty cool! The motor is brand spanking new - even has the cardboard protectors in place for the electrical input/wire and the output shaft.

If you even think you need a new motor - this is the place to get them!!!

Snuffy