Thread: Np205 pto

Default Np205 pto

I’m about to swap in my cummins/Getrag 360/NP205 sometime in the next few weeks and I’m trying to find a PTO that will work with the winch. I know Muncie and possibly Chelsea both have “build your own PTO” to your specs but look to be $1,000+. Do any of you know any applications that had lever operated PTO on a 205 with the shaft facing forward on the driver’s side? I’d prefer to leave the custom route as a last resort.

Like finding a unicorn. I been looking for a couple of years and haven't found anything.

I've had a couple of PTO drives, and I forget which was which....but one of them could be broken down re-assembled with the shaft extended out the front or the back. Don't remember if it was the NOS one I got for the M715, or the NP205 one I got for that swap that I loaned out to a buddy to test fit and it got "lost".

We took the NP205 apart cause it had water in it at one time, so I'm thinking it was that one.

I'm thinking they were both basically the same, with the NP200 drive being straight cut gears, and the NP205 being helical. Of course, that was over 20 years ago now... You might get lucky.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

I got one from Oilcan about 15 years ago. Chelsea made but no part number on the data plate. It is just an on/off type. Not like the military reversible.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I will have to find one like that! I imagine it would function like my ‘68 J3000 and be reversible by placing the transmission in reverse.

Yes, that is how I figured as well. Spicergear had one on Velvet too. T-case neutral and use the transmission for forward or reverse on the winch.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

"Spicergear had one on Velvet too. T-case neutral and use the transmission for forward or reverse on the winch."
    Fairly good advice. I'll keep that in mind as well.