Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Project M715... Eh!

I can feel the excitement for you! Almost there brother.

Me too. I picture this project when I look at mine and feel so far away from driving it.
    More please!!!

I’ve been getting lots of little stuff buttoned up. Weatherstripping is figured out, parking brake pedal is in, she has four shocks now, diffs, trans, and transfer case filled and motor oil in. Ordered a bunch of small parts and fasteners and put some nut inserts in for the door panels. My seat tracks came in and I think I have the driver mount mocked up how I want it. I think I’ll put the nose back on this weekend and run brake lines and figure out the rad. Might get some more wiring done too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the nose back on today (still needs to be fully bolted down).

I can almost see it driving by....nice work so far!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Parking brake done!

Slow going the last few weeks, but getting small stuff done. Wired up the front end and got my custom light sockets in.

Radiator is in, just need to figure out a lower rad hose.

Found a good spot for the battery. Mounted the solid state relay station up front for the low beams, high beams, running lights, and fog lights in the bumper.

Brake proportioning valve will live here, just need to do all the plumbing. Mounted the washer fluid reservoir beside the master.

Wow, that thing is gorgeous. Tell us more about your LEDs in the stock housings, I'm interested in doing something along the same lines.

I just gutted the housing of all the stock stuff, designed the laser cut plates to bolt into the 4 posts and fit some 1157 bulb 90 deg sockets (that I had from another project). I’m not happy with those LED’s, I have some more on the way from superbrightleds.com (best quality and brightest LED bulbs I’ve found by far). I used amber bulbs and cleaned the orange off the inside of the stock lenses with acetone, it’s much more visible that way. I wired in 1157’s so that I can use them as running lights and turn signals.

Looking really good. Can you post a part number and source for the radiator? I have been looking for one that fits there with a passenger side lower. For a Buick 350. That one would be perfect. Love the E-brake, and the LED lighting.
    Do you think you will have it running before snow melts this spring? You are so close. Everything looks just outstanding!

EDIT: Went back for another look. Are those LED courtesy lights under your dash by the E brake? If so, Did you get those from superbright ?
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; December 26th, 2020 at 11:26 PM.