Thread: Just got my first m715

Default Just got my first m715

Hello everyone
    I recently purchased a M715. I'm in the process of collecting information an forumlating a plan and collecting parts.

The truck has a 292 chevy I6 with bad compression. I have a 5.3l LS that I've been holding onto I plan to install. I'm thinking I would like to retain the stock trans and transfer case.

My concern for the moment is Axles. I would like to run 24bolt humvee wheels an tires. From what I've learned here I believe I can do this with axles from the cucv or Gm 1977-94 dana 60 / 14 bolt axles with disk break conversion an drw adapters. Does that sound about right?

Blog Entries

You are correct that is what I have on mine.

Dually front and rear 4 wheel disk hmmvw wheels and tires. WMS set at 77" front and rear.

I bought mine from hillbilly wizard.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reassurance. I have my eye on a pair of cucv axles for sale a few hours north of my location. They are asking 1200 for the pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on your new Jeep baby! Welcome to the Zone man!

So this weekend I picked up a pair of 1980s k30 1ton duallys with 16in rims for $1200. I'm planning on using 24bolt humvee wheels/tires.

I also picked up a soft top frame an a set of complet doors for 550$. I was missing the stationary side glass in both doors as well as the soft top frame. Somewhere along the way someone made up a roll bar to replace the soft top frame. (Doesn't look very safe) an it makes the canvas pool water up in the middle.

Is there a way I can post pictures so they actually display without using photo bucket?