Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hood blackout wiring

Default hood blackout wiring

When i received my M715 , the only part left from the hood blackout was the base plate. I found a complete assembly .... but cannot find any wire under hood .... it must have been cut ... but where originally that wire come from ?? Any pic ?? i have searched but never found any cut wire or loose wire at all !

Thanks for the help !!
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

It is wire #19 which come directly from the back of the 3 lever. Pin D is what it is on the back of the 3 lever. The wire should run through your firewall with the rest of the wires between the master cylinder and the drivers hood hinge.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

thanks .... surely cut under the dash because i found nothing loose or cut under engine compartiment !!
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Look right next to the engine firewall where the big wire bundle comes thru. you may find a piece of the wire left. That is where the PO had cut mine, along with the brake light wire.

On my '68 there is the big bundle,a split with a two wire brake bundle and a single BO light wire.

I will take a picture this afternoon and post it.

Wart Hog

Here is a picture of my '68. It has the new blinker box.

I labeled the wires If you zoom in you can read it.

At least the PO (Federal Forest dept) left a little piece of wire that I can crimp to.

Wart Hog

I bought a new BO bulb for my hood mounted light and plugged it in today and got nothing. There are two plugs one plugs into the mount, ground I'm assuming and one plugs into the hood wireing.
    Is there a trick to get it to work? I tried it in BO drive and BO park modes.

the B O bulb should have one rubber connector on the back , If yours has two then its the wrong BO light. never mind i was think of the complete assy,
    Last edited by sf38a1; May 20th, 2008 at 12:14 AM.

The BO light has two wires that connect one that pushes into a socket on the body of the light and one that runs out the back and connects to the hood wireing.

position the top lever of the 3 lever light switch to the extreme left hand position and you should have power to the BO light on the hood.

tired that and no go......I wonder if its the bulb or the wireing? The switch is new and it works all the rest f the BO lights. The old lightbulb was in bad shape the housing was rusted out.