Thread: M725 Distributor Lead Wire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face M725 Distributor Lead Wire

Just purchased a Kaiser-Jeep 725 Ambulance...Not running. Replaced batteries and it will turn over but no gas or spark.

The Lead Wire to the Distributor is broken. Looks like it should attach to the Capacitor. Where does it go and where does it come from?
    Where would I find:

The lead wire to distributor..and don't know where the other ends goes, so will probably need that too. I will send pictures tomorrow.

I have been reading your posts for over a year and finally got the bug. Was Vietnam combat medic so the ambulance has a special place in my memories.

thanks for your help.
    ron

Are you talking about the wire that goes to the side of the ignitor housing (thats the name of the unit that houses both the distributor and coil) and attaches there with a screw on cap...it attaches to where the #2 is in the image below?

If so, it comes from the on/off switch on the dash and runs to that location. On the on/off switch, there are 4 wires...2 rows of 2. 2 of the wires on one side are both number 11 wires. On the other side is a wire numbered 12 on the top connection and a wire numbered 27 on the bottom. The #12 wire is the one that feeds power to that screw on plug at the ignitor housing.

If that isnt clear OR I assumed the wrong wire, please post so I can help you better.

By the way....WELCOME!!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default M725 Ambulance Main Distributor Wire

Yes, that's the place that one end of the wire connects (connects to number 2 in the picture). But it looks like the other end of mine goes into some kind of a oil pressure sending unit on the engine block. I'll get some pictures.

My battery turnoffs is on the transmission hump between the driver and passenger seats. I purchased, from Kaiser-Jeep Auto Supply, this wire (originally from a M 38) :

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/attachmen...1&d=1556841592
    Attached Images Attached Images