Thread: Dual Master Replacement?

Default Dual Master Replacement?

As I wrote 3 years ago, Wagner dual master were disappearing but still some NOS were out there then. Well, no more. Got the truck out for a drive and the master is leaking.

Best I can find is the Cardone 10-1331 might be a fit. Correct bore and outlets but not sure of the mounting flange. I saw another Zoner mentioned this unit 2 years ago but don't know if anyone ever fit one up???
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    As I wrote 3 years ago, Wagner dual master were disappearing but still some NOS were out there then. Well, no more. Got the truck out for a drive and the master is leaking.

Best I can find is the Cardone 10-1331 might be a fit. Correct bore and outlets but not sure of the mounting flange. I saw another Zoner mentioned this unit 2 years ago but don't know if anyone ever fit one up???
    I bought a NAPA 10-1371 for mine & it bolted right up. Got it about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    I bought a NAPA 10-1371 for mine & it bolted right up. Got it about 6 months ago.
    That's a 1" bore, Wagner was a 1-1/8". Do you know the port sizes? Need 1/2 and 9/16

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    That's a 1" bore, Wagner was a 1-1/8". Do you know the port sizes? Need 1/2 and 9/16
    Those sizes sound familiar, but I don't know for sure. Just use reducers if you have to; they work great.

The guys on the forum helped me through this not two weeks ago. I used the 10-1331 dual master cylinder. It was $32 at O'Reillys but Napa and azone all cross reference that number. For me it was cheapest at oreillys and bolts right in. The brake pedal rod didn't need any length adjustment either.

The ports are 1/2"-20 inv female and 9/16"-18 inv female. I used the original line from the master cylinder to the "t" for the front brakes with adapter part#BK 641-3305 from Napa, its 3/8"-24 female to 1/2"-20 male.

I had the whole thing drawn out but can't seem to find the part# for the adapter to take the rear line to the 9/16"-18 male ended needed for the back master cylinder port.

I still can't get over how easy the conversion was with help from the guys here who blazed the trail...and posted the part numbers along the way

Quote Originally Posted by tpiekbp View Post
    The guys on the forum helped me through this not two weeks ago. I used the 10-1331 dual master cylinder. It was $32 at O'Reillys but Napa and azone all cross reference that number. For me it was cheapest at oreillys and bolts right in. The brake pedal rod didn't need any length adjustment either.

The ports are 1/2"-20 inv female and 9/16"-18 inv female. I used the original line from the master cylinder to the "t" for the front brakes with adapter part#BK 641-3305 from Napa, its 3/8"-24 female to 1/2"-20 male.

I had the whole thing drawn out but can't seem to find the part# for the adapter to take the rear line to the 9/16"-18 male ended needed for the back master cylinder port.

I still can't get over how easy the conversion was with help from the guys here who blazed the trail...and posted the part numbers along the way
    I did the conversion 10 years ago and now the Wagner master leaks. Mostly from not enough use so the seals leak. I wanted one that replaced the wagner as its no longer made and did not have to change the brake lines or adapters. The 10-1331 fits that requirement. I ordered one yesterday at AutoZone for $29