Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Get Into The Online Manuals, Members Gallery, Etc.

Default Can't Get Into The Online Manuals, Members Gallery, Etc.

I can log onto the site and read any of the forums, get to my account. I can't get into the members gallery, manuals, tech specs, etc. Can someone correct this? Thanks. Phil

Sure...but the problem is on your end not on the sites....
    Basically the way the program works on the site...if you can log in, as you were when you made this post cause it knows when you joined and etc., you are able to get to anywhere your rank allows....as far as the program is concerned...the only things that higher ranks get, like moderators, is the ability to get to a special moderators only forum where they can ask questions about how to moderate and the permission to edit messages by others than themselves....thus moderating. Rank has nothing to do with getting to any area like the members gallery.....EVERYONE who is a member of this site has been already given permissions by this program to view everything you see a link for, including the members gallery, manuals, etc....
    I said all that because I am getting several emails a week asking why I am not allowing a member to access some part of the site....when there is no problem here at the site that is preventing them from accessing anything.
    That being said....

The most common problems that cause this are in 5 areas:

Cookies....you must have your browser set to accept cookies AND, at least for Internet Explorer, you must have the cookies set to at least medium....this setting is in the Tools menu, click on Internet Options, click on the Privacy tab, move the slider to at least medium or lower....lower than medium is up to you....

Security...you must have the browsers security setting no higher that medium...you can set it lower, but I don't recommend that and you dont need to for this site. It can be found in the same Tools menu, Internet Options, click on the Security tab and move the slider to the level you choose.

Firewalls....these can cause problems....as yet I have not been able to gather information on what can be done in this regard because the only people who have had problems in this area, have fixed it themselves and not given me any info on what needed to be done to fix it or what was the hang up. If anyone has/had problems in this regard, I would appreciate any info you could share on what has worked and/or failed for you so that others can benefit from that knowledge.

Network users....it is possible that someone on a network connecting through another computer can have problems due to the more complex nature of such a connection...no one has reported this as yet, but I am certain the possibility exists.

There also is the possibility that the browser being used, especially if other than Internet Explorer, has a setting that I am unaware of...if you are using a different browser, let me know what it is you use and I wil try to get a copy of it and see if I can get it to work...personally, I run Mozilla, which is a variation of Netscape basically, and I have no problems.

Hopefully this will be of help....please feel free to let me know any further questions you have....
    It would be important to know what browser you are running, what version of the browser you have, what operating system you use, if this is a network or firewalled connection, and any other info that might be relevant...especially if you have an unusual type connection...
    It just occurs to me that blocking software might have something to do with this....but that would give a message I think....

If you need any help that I can give or research for you, absolutely let me know....anyone being locked out of anything here is totally against what I want....open and free to all is the way I see it working....and thats what I work for!!!
    Sincerely,
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for the reply. I run Internet Explorer and a firewall (Zone Alarm). I use to get in using this same combination. I checked my Explorer settings and they were set where you recommended. I tried changing the to less restrictive and no change. I also tried various settings on my firewall with no change. I'll keep after it. Again, thanks for your help. If I discover a fix, I'll let you know.

Take care and hope you're doing better. Phil

Thanks Phil, and would very much appreciate any info on what makes it work so we can post it for everyone else....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Thanks to Hammer, I can add to the above info....

For those who use Norton Internet Security...this is not just the antivirus program...or similiar programs:

Many of the programs that do 'internet security' have a list of sites they trust, and don't trust. Most likely, if you have a problem, you would need to look at the list that Norton is keeping for what sites it trusts, and what level of security it applies to the site.

With Internet Explorer, in some cases, it may be necessary to add our site, M715zone.com, to the 'trusted sites' under the security built into IE. Not the best solution, but it typically helps out where everything else fails.

Again, sincerely hope that clears it up....let me know either way.

brute4c

Still haven't figured out why, but I have to shut down my firewall to get to the members gallery, manuals, etc. Must be an update to my firewall that did it. Anyway, if anyone is using Zone Alarm firewall (which is a very good firewall), they may have to shut it down to have complete access to the M715 Zone.

Phil

Interesting....glad you found a way in...but I agree that Zone Alarm is a GREAT firewall program and it seems weird you have to shut it clear down....hopefully a way is found around that in the future....
    Thanks for sharing what it took....more reason to play with that now!!
    brute4c

Still trying to figure this out. I went down the listing to the left. I was able to get into all the topics until I reached Online Manuals under the Modules. From there on down to the end I was told I couldn't do that. Don't know why, just thought I would let you know. I'm okay with turning off my firewall when required. Don't know if this helps anyone, but maybe folks using Zone Alarm.

Phil

Default Website with a ton of parts for the tornado 230 engine

You can get in the online manuals and down the list when the Zone Alarm is turned off right?
    Just making sure...
    brute4c

Default Magazines

This is a setting within Zone Alarm (I used to use it). You have to check how it sees each website. You should tell it to always trust this site, and that will let you in all the time. Sorry I can't be more specific right now, it has been over a year since I used it.
    Shutting down the firewall tells you that it is the culprit to your issues, and that you need to make ZA accept this site.