Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Master Cylinder Conversion - Upgrade

Way to go Binford. Great job. Now that shinny cover looks out of place.....LOL
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Yeah, but the OD brake lines from NAPA make up for it!
    -- Tim Taylor

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Yeah, but the OD brake lines from NAPA make up for it!
    Aren't those polymer coated lines great! I used them and you can bend them without a tubing bender and they won't kink.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Good job Tim, is that the vette mc?

Early Chevy 1-ton van mc. New (not remanufactured) version of #10-1331. NAPA # UP36246.
    -- Tim Taylor

You'll be SOL one day when the tide rises again Binford, unless you vent your new MC and keep the other modifications within the stock amphibious specifications.

Just look at all those poor souls in WI, IL, IA and IN right now. They'd probably love to see the Binford Express coming through the neck deep water in a M715 watercraft to their rescue, but doh...the brakes went out.

The brakes already went out once, with the stock setup! I'll take the loss of deep-water navigation in trade for braking redundancy.

Heh, heh, heh....
    Last edited by Binford; June 10th, 2008 at 03:03 AM.
    -- Tim Taylor

I bought my new MC today from NAPA. $74.
    The 10-1131 unit is the remanufactured MC, and I wanted to have a new unit, so I paid a bit more.

Can't wait to get it on the m715.

Zach

Default Thanks Wart Hog

I wanted to send a "THANK YOU" to Wart Hog for putting together this HOW TO back in June.

Just completed the mod. You made it way to easy!

Heres is a short story of what led to it:

About 3 weeks ago I was backing the M715 out of the driveway. Now keep in mind I have had a leaky F/L wheel cylinder for a while, but it only leaks if I dont drive it for more than a week or so...my fix = drive it. Well I guess letting it sit for the 2 weeks prior was 1 too many and about the time I got to the street apron picking up speed, stabbing at the brake pedal, I quickly realized all of the fluid had escaped! The pedal went to the floor. My lightning Budweiser fueled reflexes instinctively told me to try another pedal. I knew the one to the right of it would only make the situation worse faster. A quick look over my shoulder presented another disaster...My neighbors car and I was headed right for it. It was this piece of crap that backed into my Gal's SUV 3 months ago causing $1200 damage and a continuing argument which has included many four letter words and one fingered waves. This guy would take me to the cleaners if I even scratched it..... I couldn't imagine what would happen if I "Grave Digger'd" it! I opted for the pedal on the left. A quick stab at the clutch brought on the unthinkable. The pedal went to the floor. No B.S. The ball joint on the linkage side of the pushrod decided right now would be a sweet time to come apart. Full blown panic set in as I floundered to get the steering wheel hard over with one hand (No Power Steering) as the other blindly fumbled for the kill switch which shut the whole operation down inches from the crap pile. A couple deep breaths later, a shift to 1st and a bump on the starter got things rolling back into my driveway. Gotta love granny low and low axle ratios.

Well, the much neglected brake system is getting an overhaul and in doing so out with the master cylinder. I'll be ordering the wheel cylinders from your other post too! Thanks again Wart Hog, You are the Man!

I think you need an extra turn or two in those lines, man!

Looks really, really nice, Jay Dog!
    -- Tim Taylor