Thread: Spray on Insulation

Default m715 parts source

I couldn't figure out from the insulation post. What is the general opinion about which is better for looks, durability in all conditions, heat insulation and noise reduction?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default OK, you hippies, let's get this straight RIGHT NOW

i would also like to know

-BrianM

I have seen some really nice stuff come out of the local Rhino dealer's shop. That is an exspensive way to go though. I would be interested in knowing what some of the other guys have done. Beafire used a paint on bed liner. It worked pretty good and that is probably what I will wind up with. Glen
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

Which paint on liner did he use?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I have used rhino lining in the past and just recently I used herculiner. I believe if I had sprayed the herculiner on, it would have matched the rhino stuff, I will do that next time instead of painting it on.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

A friend of mine bought some R-14 metallic stick on insulation for a project. Pretty thin for its R value. Maybe use it on the firewall? I'm not sure how well it would do on noise reduction. Dunno how much it costs, either. Only drawbacks are that it's not very durable (designed for under carpet, etc) and it's, well, metallic. It would make your truck look like a space probe.

It reminded me of Dynamat, but in chrome.

I have Durabak or something like that in the bed of my 715 right now. I'm not really impressed with it. Quite rough (too rought for my taste) and it peels when brake fluid is spilled on it.

Rhino is very tough, I like the fact that your truck will not rust if the metal is covered with Rhino on both sides. Brake fluid will not touch it and it really bonds tight to the metal. He sprayed some grain chutes for a grain elevator. One of them had some kind of chemical that interferred with the curing process and it bubbled. We had to use air chisels to get the stuff off and it had air pockets in it. I cannot imagine what it would be like to remove a liner that bonded properly. At 1500 to 2000 dollars to do the bed, inside of the cab and bottom of the cab, it is too expensive for me. Glen
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!