Thread: 1967 Kaiser Jeep M-715 6BT Build

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    En route.... motor mounts are off the CNC

Can I buy a set or two?
    1967 M-715 6bt Cummins 5speed

so the measurements worked out ok?

Quote Originally Posted by osok View Post
    so the measurements worked out ok?
    Getting there. Have to put the cab tub on yet to see if its not sitting too high and then still get OEM shock towers back on somehow yet
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

X2,
    Did the 6-1/4 bottom and 2-1/4 top measurements work ok for the width? I have the mounts made from my mock up measurements with a 29-1/2 distance between the frame rails.

I had my shoulder scoped last month, so I wont be getting mine in between the rails for a month or two. I'm curious to know if mine are 100% or not
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    X2,
    Did the 6-1/4 bottom and 2-1/4 top measurements work ok for the width? I have the mounts made from my mock up measurements with a 29-1/2 distance between the frame rails.

I had my shoulder scoped last month, so I wont be getting mine in between the rails for a month or two. I'm curious to know if mine are 100% or not

Right now my CAD model of the M-715 frame at work shows 30.00" between inner frames...

My bad, it is 30", I was deducting for the 1/4" plates on each side of my mounts.

Did the 2-1/4 top and 6-1/4 bottom measurements work out ok on yours?
    Thanks, George

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    My bad, it is 30", I was deducting for the 1/4" plates on each side of my mounts.

Did the 2-1/4 top and 6-1/4 bottom measurements work out ok on yours?
    I show 2.500 top and 6.500 bottom... and that number is from the face of the M-715 frame.

I don't know for sure if it is correct... does it 'hold the motor' yes.... is the engine sitting too high... I don't know yet... It will be 2 weeks before I get my cab tub back on to confirm dimensions. If your in a hurry have at it... but I'm nervous yes that it is sitting too high... so if you go ahead... just be aware that you may end up scraping the mounts.

My mounts are only tack welded together to hold the weight.. .a few zips and viola.. I'm back apart... reface the 4x4 square tubes to remove material and get the engine to sit lower... and weld them back up.

The numbers are preliminary and unverified... my assumption right now is NO... these numbers will NOT work yet... I think the engine is slightly too high to clear tunnel/hood/ cowl height firewall issues.

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    I show 2.500 top and 6.500 bottom... and that number is from the face of the M-715 frame.

I don't know for sure if it is correct... does it 'hold the motor' yes.... is the engine sitting too high... I don't know yet... It will be 2 weeks before I get my cab tub back on to confirm dimensions. If your in a hurry have at it... but I'm nervous yes that it is sitting too high... so if you go ahead... just be aware that you may end up scraping the mounts.

My mounts are only tack welded together to hold the weight.. .a few zips and viola.. I'm back apart... reface the 4x4 square tubes to remove material and get the engine to sit lower... and weld them back up.

The numbers are preliminary and unverified... my assumption right now is NO... these numbers will NOT work yet... I think the engine is slightly too high to clear tunnel/hood/ cowl height firewall issues.
    Thanks man. No huge rush, I'm 1 armed for a bit. I did get a measurement with 1st gen mounts of 20" with the anchor motor mounts on:

Thanks, George

20.375 is what I show in the 3D model so your right there..... and my number is suspect solely due to the anchor mounts being all over the map.

Nice ingenuity on measuring width.. I like it.

Thanks for the confirmation venom
    Thanks, George