Thread: RVT works!!

Default RVT works!!

I took my valve cover off today and was looking at the mating surfaces of the cover and the motor. There flat..just like anything else ive sealed before, right?

Well, I went to the local autopart stores to get a roll of cork and rubber gasket to make my own valve cover gasket but of course what they sell is too thin and not long enough.. Frustrated and sad I go home bust out the ultra black and proceed to make my bead around the whole head of the engine. Dryed up and took it for its first 46mph drive. Engine hot and running and come home and I have 1 small leak. 99% of my orange county oil spill is gone. Just gotta give it another shot once it cools down and I can work without the kids and friend buggin me..

Either way. RVT works!!

Good job. Might want to call it RTV though since it stands for Room Temperature Vulcanization. Be very carefull about getting that stuff into the oil system. It will clog up the oil p/u screen faster than you think. Oil drain galleys too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

LOL YEAH RTV... what the hell was i thinking.. see how tired I was. BUT yes, i took my time and put a very simple bead and almost nailed it perfectly.

Stupid me, RVT