Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Air

[quote="mcinfantry"]i agree with cheap. i used USED parts where i could. the cheapest i could find a waggy a/c was 250 local and that did not include new hoses. compressor etc. compressors are 200 and hoses a hundred or so and that didnt guarantee the condenser (100+) was good and you really should replace the dryer (100) anytime you open the system.

Hell, I bought a running J-10 complete with rust for $300. Tranny shot, but a/c turns, motor runs, rest of drivetrain there, motor, hood and l/f fender going on the 725 along with a/c and hopefully, power steering. Nothing like catching a guy selling what his wife is tired of looking at!

Rich

Rich, the under dash deal will bolt right in if thats what you have.most the duct will work also. Defrost wont.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepistDoug/IA
    Rich, the under dash deal will bolt right in if thats what you have.most the duct will work also. Defrost wont.
    Hell, the defrost doesn't work so well in the J-trucks either, so no big loss! hehe

Got to get the engine in first, and finding the right parts for that is proving fun! Putting Jeep 360 in, have flywheel, have bellhousing, haven't tested to make sure it's correct yet, going to have to change input shaft, and then I see this nice, running 2 1/2 on ebay for 2800! Doh! Anybody want an ambulance and donor FSJ??

Rich