Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NP200 Conversion Pictures

Danarchy,
    My truck has the stock drivetrain. I am collecting the parts to switch over to a 396 Chevy big block, a NV4500 5-speed overdrive trans, front locking hubs and hopefully Michilin XL tires. I have the engine, just not rebuilt yet, money is needed if you with to make a donation. I have the transmisison and everything needed for it. I don't have anything else yet. I looked for over a year for a divorced NP205 t-case. I could not find one for less than $400-$600 in my area. I have since heard about, but not seen, a few hundreds of miles away for less. My thinking was that instead of beating my head against the wall looking for something that is going to cost a bunch if I can even find, I would try to make do with my stock NP200 case. That is why I ordered the straight thru kit and installed it. I want to make my M715 a daily driver. I am currently building a HVAC system for it among other things. I only live 5 miles from my work so top speed isn't that important. Except for days like yesterday. I had a holiday and needed to go to Houston, 110 miles away. I went to pick up some heavy tools and parts. My M715 would have been perfect for that. I didn't want to drive that far at 50 mph with oil running out of the rear main seal and hugging the shoulder hoping nobody hits me. I would not hesitate though to do it at 65-70. I ended up driving my wifes Suburban pulling a trailer. More comfort, but not the right attitude or image when you go looking for parts and such in the dirtier areas of town. Doesn't have the proper weapon storage racks either.

I posted pictures and text about the conversion because I was one of the first few who had gotten the kit from VPW. Compared to others like Brute4c who made there own. I also saw a lot of post asking about it.

I have switched my gauges out for Auto Meters. I now have a tach. Mine indicates 3500 rpm at 60 mph. It sound cool wound out like that. 3200 RPM is about 53 mph. 3200 is what I normally cruise at. Lock out hubs would be a help. I just haven't made the $200 at Auto Zone a priority yet. They will come after the engine. Here is a picture of my dash. Please remember that my philosophy is to make all of the parts fit, test them, then take it apart to make it look good and work better. That is why my dash paint looks like junk.

My picture link isn't working this morning. I'll do it later.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Here is the underside of my power steering box with the welded pitman arm.

Here is my gauge cluster in all its glory.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

NICE!
    K
    67 M725 84 GW

Thanks.