Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: yes its a total rebuild

von I have all most 58 years of experience working on cars and heavy equipment. been collecting machine tools for a long time. this should not stop you from posting a build it is more about what you are doing then how good you are at it. I have been a long time poster at machine builders.net and just came here to share my build with the truck lovers.
    I hope this will change your mind about posting

Quote Originally Posted by tomb View Post
    von I have all most 58 years of experience working on cars and heavy equipment. been collecting machine tools for a long time. this should not stop you from posting a build it is more about what you are doing then how good you are at it. I have been a long time poster at machine builders.net and just came here to share my build with the truck lovers.
    I hope this will change your mind about posting
    I appreciate the encouragement. But nah, probably not. I was mostly just razzing you... a sideways compliment since I'm running out of ways to compliment your work.

Don't know that I could take the time to copy my build thread from the Zoo to here. I'm a little over 3 years and 22 pages into it. But we like to ramble and go off topic over there... maybe if I took out all the tangents about cooking, other vehicles, squirrel hunting, our old house getting broke into and subsequent move, remodeling the old house and the new one, my idiot boys... it's a busy, busy thread...

I am thinking of adding to random dead end threads here. When researching the ford swap I found a couple of ancient FE swap threads here with lost pics and unanswered questions. I might add to those so future dummies that want to put an FE in their truck might have a little more guidance than I did.
    And lost pics on the threads about transferring the hand brake from the NP200 to the NP205, might do that.

I need to do the same thing to my tank

starting the box

m715 281 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 280 by tom boyer, on Flickr

cleaned,painted and sprayed with 3m rocker schutz

m715 288 by tom boyer, on Flickr

time to sand blasting

Nice work
    Your bed box looks to be in really nice shape to.

had one rear finder that was bent real good

m715 003 by tom boyer, on Flickr

box sand basted and painted working on cleats

m715 291 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 290 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 009 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 008 by tom boyer, on Flickr

bed done

m715 011 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 294 by tom boyer, on Flickr

m715 293 by tom boyer, on Flickr

cab and box in air ready for the frame