ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > General Tech > Modified Tech

Modified Tech Tech forums for Modified M715 series vehicles

Old August 20th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Basic Trainee

davemooney1 is a Soldier
Default ultimate lifts

what kind of lifts are people using? Anyways of getting more flex out of the suspension?
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Sergeant

gimpyrobb is a Soldier

Mild body lift, spring shackle, or spring over. Taking a leaf or two out helps.
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Private

ColHart is a Soldier

not much you can do for flex, stock springs are pretty short. Some have swapped chevy leaf springs and I'm waiting to see how a coil spring swap on a 725 turns out from another zoner.
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Das Fire Führer!

Doug is a Soldier

Too early in R&D to talk much yet, but I'm working on a little flex project. So far I'm liking the results. Keep in mind this is on my short truck and it's not quite an apples to apples comparison to a stock bodied truck anymore.

I left the front alone as it flexs "good enough for me" for the time being.

On the rear, I left the main leaf plus the one right under it and then added a full pack from the front of a wagoneer minus it's main leaf. Improved flex 1000% and ride seems much, much better. I sure wouldn't suggest it for anyone who wants to haul a full load of wood. Matter of fact, I'm hesitant to recommend it to anyone but myself...LOL. I may end up having to build an anti wrap bar, but I'm going to do a little more testing and see how it acts without one.

Couple sneak peaks: (note, these pics are with one stock pack on the passenger side, and only the stock main leaf plus the wag pack. I added the second from the top leaf back in and resumed testing, not quite able to make it touch the quarter anymore, but darned close.)

Last edited by Doug; August 20th, 2007 at 03:11 PM.