Thread: sermis : 350 exhaust

Default sermis : 350 exhaust

350 exhaust
    Post by sermis on Jun 19, 2006, 8:13am

For those running a 350 and ram's horns. How did you route your exhaust running duel exhaust? I ran one pipe in the stock location and the other kinda in the same place on drivers side, however it gets really, really hot. So hot it melted the sole on my wife's shoe the other day. She's not a happy camper.

Default wrecker :

Re: 350 exhaust
    Post by wrecker on Jun 19, 2006, 8:52am

I have this setup and for now, it exits to the outside of the frame rails between the leaf spring and the frame towards the rear shackle. There it runs a short distance to glass packs and then exits to the sides of the truck right behind the cab corners. I don't like this just because it doesn't look quite right where it crosses the frame. It does work however. I think Poolmike and Spicer both cut holes in the crossmember so as to allow the pipes to go through. Bill

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Jun 19, 2006, 9:04am

Sermis, on my 725, I routed outside the frame rail just behind the front springs and dump out in front of the rear tires.

It still gets warm on the floor. I may look at floor liner or dynamat.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jun 20, 2006, 9:49am

Outside the frame or cut the cross member and cross over under the short shaft are the only two ways I have seen it.

Default fasteddie :

Post by fasteddie on Jun 23, 2006, 8:23pm

On a 725 , with small block Chevy . Used ram horn manifolds , had the exhaust bent for truck . One pipe runs under passenger side and the other under the drivers side . Left side pipe takes a turn to the right just behind transfer case , then both run to a dual inlet & outlet flowmaster .After that they split to left & right to exit behind the tires . Except for the exits everything runs inside the frame rails . As for heat transfer , Dynamat worked good , also on top of the mat , I installed a jute pad then a rubber mat over that . Also installed the Dynamat on the insides of the door panels , seemed to help with noise control .

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Jun 23, 2006, 9:03pm

thanks eddie - looking at something like that for mine.

Default whydah :

Post by whydah on Jun 24, 2006, 2:22am

tubes come down from my block huggers and join on drivers side. then, pass through torched hole in crossmember. somewhat straight back, exit behind rear fender. muffler is where the gas tank was.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jun 24, 2006, 2:30am

*gasp* whhhhhhhhaaaat? you're not running duals??????

funny, I was just arguing strenuously for single exhaust, and there's your post.

My 725 had pipes along the rails, exiting in front of the rear tires. VERY HOT! but the driver's side had insulation, and it was ok. Pass. side melted tape cases to the floor. Underbody heatshield would probably help. Learn from OEM's, they spend money on that stuff.

Default whydah :

Post by whydah on Jun 24, 2006, 2:31am

yeah, i was going to do that. i have single 3" with single flowmaster. bending is not the best but it work for now. sounds perfect.