Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: door to cab seals

Default door to cab seals

Not sure who it was that had the new rubber for either end of the door to cab seals but the way I understood it the guy he sent them off to never got them repro'd. I am still interested in replacing mine and am assuming that they aren't available at some place like memphis equipment. If this is the case there are alot of different businesses here and if someone can tell me what kind of shop it takes to make those I'll start doing some checking.

The guy who was going to look into making them for us all is VaM715 from the PseudoZone site. I have sent him an e-mail to ask for a status report on getting them made. I'll keep you posted here on what I find out.
    -- Tim Taylor

Thanks Binford. I've been waiting too, so don't forget about me needing a couple sets.

The list of those interested is long, indeed!
    -- Tim Taylor

Got a quick response back from VaM715. He's had some health issues to contend with, but says he should be getting back to it fairly soon and will be in touch about it soon.
    -- Tim Taylor

Patience in some things for me is a challenge. I'd like to look into it anyway so if you have any ideas on what type of company I would need to contact please let me know and I'll get started.

No idea where one would start. But it's an item of somewhat minor importance to the functioning of the truck, so I'm finding patience pretty easy to come by!

But if you can get anywhere with finding a company that can reproduce the seals, there is a long line of folks who have said they'd be willing to pony up for a set or two.
    -- Tim Taylor

From what I remember reading about the seals in the PsuedoZone, one would have to find a custom injection moulding company in order to make them. I beleive the guy (VaM715) either owned or worked for such a company. From the little I know about injection moulding, it is rather expensive to create the dies needed for parts. The only way this would be feasible would be to run a large number of parts. This might not be hard to do, as it seems many many people would like this part. Check this out, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_moulding , this article talks mostly about making plastic parts, but the same can be done for rubber parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    ...But it's an item of somewhat minor importance...
    Don't minimize that the problems this damaged or missing little component can create Binford. Everytime it snows or rains, I have nice little puddles on the inside cab front floor corners.

Not all of us have one of those fancy Costco tarp thingies to park under.

Heh, heh, heh.... "Fancy" huh? That thing's got more rips and tears in it than I can count, and the grunge from old stuck-on pollen and such from years of being out in the weather has all sorts of meandering trail marks on it from slugs scooting around all over it.

Yeah, nothing but the best for my Jeep gear!

I didn't think the door seals would keep any moisture out, except for maybe that kicked up from the road while driving. I figured it was more to minimize rattling and road noise. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    -- Tim Taylor