Thread: Door weather stripping

Default Door weather stripping

Almost ready to paint my doors and dash, the last of the painting body parts. For those of you who have replaced the weather stripping around the doors, what did you use? And where did you find it. Help is appreciated. Thanks Fisherman

There is a trim shop here that I found some at. The strip attached to the door sides and around the bottom is a very close match and the one around the upper half is different altogether but both work really well. I will get back to checking on the the special seals at each end of the door, been working so much lately just can't find time.

i used a weatherstripping w the same profile as the orignal but it of course didnt have the clips built in or the custom molded ends so i jus used wearstripping glue and did w/o the molded ends, its ok, not like a civ model you are tryng to keep in the heat or a/c so it doesnt have to be truly air tight anyway. i used www.restorationspecialties.com they have anything like that online or a catalog they will send i got the door strip and the "wiskers" that wipe the glass, the type that goes on the cab top frames for the glass when its up, they even reline the glass run channels in the door if you send them.

Similar Threads

1. gaskets under door handles, door panel clips, widow clip
    By Mudkaiser in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: February 17th, 2024, 10:33 PM
  2. joesco715 : Stripping vs Blasting and other ?'s
    By PseudoZone in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
  3. Weather stripping
    By fng in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0