Thread: 2 bbl carb

Default 2 bbl carb

I just came by a two barrel intake and carb from a civvy 230. I've heard that one of these setups can greatly improve performance, mileage, etc.

The carb that came with the intake is the proper Holley 2bbl model 2415 but it's kinda beat up looking.

Question is, will this manifold accommodate any 2 bbl carb or is is just for that model? Is there a newer/better carb to use?

I know, dumb question but, you never know till you ask.

Others have surely made the "conversion". However, I think that the military 230 CID engine is rather low compression and you may not gain all that much. What I would be concerned about is the non-compatibility with the rest of the military equipment, which may not concern you. If you have to buy another carb, that could be expensive too.

Suggest you wait for more replies. I am "down under" so it is night time where you guys are and that is why I am reading/answering...

Default Re: 2 bbl carb

I think any Holley 22XX carb will fit mounting wise. Its just finding the right set up you want (manual choke, stuff like that.) When I was looking for a 2 bbl I just used Holley 22 as the search term on ebay/craigslist. I think 850 cfm is the max you want flow wise, brute has a post about it. It was a noticeable change for me but I went through the ignition stuff at the same time so it may have been a combination of the two.
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben

more like about 350-400 cfm.......al

I have an extra Carb from my engine swap its the original that came with.my truck if you need it.let me know and we can work something out
    Chris

PM sent

Default Re: 2 bbl carb

Quote Originally Posted by osut362 View Post
    more like about 350-400 cfm.......al
    I shoulda double checked that before posting. Thanks for correcting it.
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben