Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rear Axle Swap Dana 70u from Jeep CJ10A Tug

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Maybe someone a little more computer literate than me can link that JP magazine article about their M-715 axle swap. It explains it pretty good I think. In fact maybe one of the mods could put it under the sticky about axle swaps.
    What he said

A sticky would be good. Here's a couple links that might be helpful.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...wap/index.html

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Default more pics

Here's some pics from wanapinz and the set up on his 725. This gives an idea of the spring under front gm dana 60 with dually front hubs.

This is a great set up. However, I don't see how you can stay spring under and squeeze a 6bt in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Here's some pics from wanapinz and the set up on his 725. This gives an idea of the spring under front gm dana 60 with dually front hubs.

This is a great set up. However, I don't see how you can stay spring under and squeeze a 6bt in there.
    3 Questions;
    • Are those NOS, refurb, or National/aftermarket springs?
    • Hoping the 6BT is do-able with this approach, since it's the only reason I'm not doing a spring over and Rockwells... in order to keep a low CG.
    • Is there a thread on this build? Assuming those are HMMWV wheels to be out that far.

Sorry for the large pics, don't know how to resize them.

There is a thread here My new project m725

Also for what you want to do, this build should gives you ideas My new project m725

I used a dana 70 from a 70s Chevy motorhome that was 72" WMS to WMS. Had 4.10s and fits quite nicely in a M715 with HMMWV rims. I did convert it to disks.

Default Cj10a

Does the Dana 70u from Jeep CJ10A Tug share the exact same spring perch as our M715?

Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks32 View Post
    Does the Dana 70u from Jeep CJ10A Tug share the exact same spring perch as our M715?
    Don't believe it does. The CJ10A is a chopped Wagoneer frame and has the same rear width. J trucks had a wider frame in back. However, moving the perches out slightly is no big deal and the extra wide width of the CJ 10A Dana 70 makes it a great choice. The stock 4.88 gears with either a limited slip or locker are pluses as well.

Thanks for the info! I picked one up today, still looking for the front one.

Grantshire the Chevy DRW front Dana 60 is from a M1008 right? Does it line up well or will I have to do modifications?