Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cummins swap... the hard way

well body is on, im going to have to cut a channel into the storage " tube". otherwise the bed and cab would sit too tall for my liking. oddly enough this body fits pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had the same issue but when I moved my body brackets up (cut and weld) and used the original Dodge body rubber/mounts (which are about 3” thick) it leveled the cab up. I then put some 1” thick rubber spacers under the bed (ordered online) and now mine is the exact height/relationship between bed/cab as it was on the old frame without cutting the storage space. PM me if you have questions.

lots of work getting done, body and bed on the frame and mounts built, wheelbase is perfect. next engine and trans mock up. i also got a set of hummer wheels for a great deal they make the truck look great

engine is in and mounts are made. the engine is about 6.5 in back from the stock mounts the trans fits great. i have it sitting about 1\2 and inch lower than stock as well

more engine pics with turbo and front clip on

i fabbed up the hydro-boost and shortened the push rod to mount to the stock location on the stock kaiser pedal, pretty straightforward and easy.

Nice. Going to have it going by summer?

clutch master install was very much the same process, mock up and weld the stock linkage onto the new clutch master cylinder. it all fits good and the dodge hoses tuck in nicely

i doubt ill have it done for summer im hoping for jeep Easter safari 2021. i still have to finish fab work, tear down, powdercoat\ paint and re assemble but thanks for the support

Dude... looking great!